Frequently Asked Questions
- I am not a Friend of the Library. Can I come to Opening Night? You can become a Friend at the door and then enjoy the opening night sale. Click here to get the membership form.
- How much does it cost to become a Friend? $25.00 for an individual membership, $50.00 for a family membership, and $300 for a lifetime membership.
- Are your books organized by title and author? No, the books are organized by subject. The order is random within the subject area.
- Do you sell rare, old or collectible books? Yes. We have idientified a few and placed them in our "specials" section, but many escape our sorting process and have been discovered in other parts of the sale for very low prices.
- Do you have Children's books? Yes!
- Do you have special deals or discounts? Yes! The bargain days are listed on the bottom right of this website. Teachers (with proper ID) can have 50% regular prices.
- How can I find out if I am currently a friend? Please call the Library at (845) 424-3020 and ask for Karen Thompson.
- What are the hours? The hours are located in the green box on this website. Please note that the books sale hours are different than the library's regular hours of operation.
- Can you tell me if you have a specific title or author? No. We do not have an index of the items in the booksale.
- Can I donate books during the sale? No. We stop accepting donations one week before the sale.
Please note: There is no wifi or cell phone reception in our basement.