Frequently Asked Questions
- I am not a Friend of the Library. Can I come to Opening Night? You can become a Friend at the door and then enjoy the opening night sale. Click here to get the membership form.
- How much does it cost to become a Friend? $25.00 for an individual membership, $50.00 for a family membership, and $300 for a lifetime membership.
- Are your books organized by title and author? No, the books are organized by subject. The order is random within the subject area.
- Do you sell rare, old or collectible books? Yes. We have idientified a few and placed them in our "specials" section, but many escape our sorting process and have been discovered in other parts of the sale for very low prices.
- Do you have children's books? Yes!
- Do you have special deals or discounts? Yes! The bargain days are listed on the bottom right of this website. Teachers (with proper ID) receive 50% off the regular price of books.
- How can I find out if I am currently a friend? Please call the Library at (845) 424-3020 and ask for Karen Thompson.
- What are the hours? The hours are located in the green box on this website. Please note that the book sale hours differ from the library's regular hours of operation.
- Can you tell me if you have a specific title or author? No. We do not have an index of the items in the booksale.
- Can I donate books during the sale? No. We stop accepting donations one week before the sale.
Please note: There is no cell phone reception in our basement. Free wifi is available throughout the building.