This would appear to refer to St. John's Park. The vestry of Trinity Church developed this area and hired John McComb to build St. John's Chapel . The grassy area was developed into a park known as Hudson Square or St. John's Park. Commodore Vanderbilt bought up this area and built a freight depot in 1866. It is now the exit from the Holland Tunnel.