News, Highlights + More
The Library is now open six hours a day, Monday through Saturday! The children’s room is open by appointment only on Tuesday through Saturday.
- Patrons are welcome to browse the collection and can book an hour long appointment to use a public computer Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 10:30am-4:30pm and Thursdays 1:30 – 7:30pm.
- The children’s room can be booked for 45 minute appointments for one family/caregiver group on Tuesdays through Saturdays.
- Building occupancy is limited. Please ring the doorbell or knock on the front door and a staff member will greet you and let you into the building.
- Staff will be cleaning the library at the start and end of each day and high touch surfaces regularly throughout each day.
- Curbside checkout will be available during the same hours.
- The meeting rooms, program room, and makerlab are closed to the public.
- We will be hosting a small number of outdoor programs limited to 50 attendees while the weather allows.
- Face masks are required for all library staff and visitors and physical distancing recommendations must be observed.
- Curbside Checkout is available during our regular open hours.
Our lavender beds, donated and cared for by our friend Christopher Radko are finding homes at the St. Philips Nursery School and in the gardens of our friends and neighbors until they can be replanted in the new garden this Fall. Click here for more information about this project and the library’s Master Site Plan.
In this time of national and international protest against injustice, inequality, and violence against Black people, Indigenous people, and People of Color, the Desmond-Fish Public Library is committed to providing services, resources, and programs that uphold all libraries’ core values of democracy, diversity, and social responsibility. In keeping with these values, the Board of Trustees of the Desmond-Fish Public Library supports the statement of the American Library Association condemning systemic racism and social injustice.
Library staff have re-dedicated our efforts to building our shared collection with work that reflects the experiences of BIPOC communities, created by diverse authors and artists. Please stay tuned for more information and recommendations. In the meantime, we recommend these reading lists for patrons interested in engaging further with social justice issues.
|Full calendar ➜|
Please note: The library will be closed Saturday, November 21st for a Staff Appreciation Day and Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th for Thanksgiving.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Info
The Desmond-Fish Public Library is committed to the health and safety of our community.
Click here for more information about the library’s reopening plans and for reliable and up-to-date information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please visit our resources page.
Homework Help Appointments
One-on-one homework help is available on Monday and Tuesday afternoons for elementary students in need of help with math, reading, and writing skills. Click here for more information and to book your appointment.