The Desmond-Fish Public Library in Garrison, NY seeks a part-time Digital Services Intern interested in public service and in creating a welcoming environment for learners of all ages to assist the Digital Services Librarian in the Innovation & Learning Center (ILC) and throughout the Library. A state-of-the-art makerspace serving the community, the ILC is focused on the intersection of technology and the arts and dedicated to promoting social justice and information literacy through free access to technology.
- Helping to develop and run technology-based programs for children and adults in our Library Innovation and Learning Center
Assisting the Digital Services Librarian with day-to-day functions of the ILC as needed, including supervising the ILC and basic services during opening hours.
- Assisting with Library computer and makerspace equipment maintenance.
- Supporting all Library staff with technology needs.
- Helping library patrons develop essential digital literacy skills through educational programs and informal consultations
- Knowledge of current and emerging technology
- Coursework or equivalent experience in the arts and/or technology
- Enthusiasm for public service and a collaborative spirit
- Good attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Prior experience working in a public library or educational environment
- Experience using or working in makerspace environments
The position is currently viewed as a part-time position with flexible hours. Saturdays will be required. Pay is $18-20/hr. depending on experience. Location is commutable by MetroNorth train; transportation stipend available. The Internship will be for the fall months with the possibility of being extended into the spring.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter or alternative document that lets us get to know you to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Digital Services Internship. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.