The Healing Power of Gratitude: A Body, Mind, Spirit Elixir – Part of the Ayurvedic Lecture Series
December 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join Dr. Somesh Kaushik for the last lecture in the Ayurvedic series which has been sponsored by the Libraries of Putnam County New York and the Field Library of Westchester.
Ayurveda, the world’s oldest healing system, defines health as a balance of body, mind, and spirit – epitomizing a true holistic approach to wellness. Ayurveda offers a healing system and a prevention system – a lifestyle that helps curtail disease before it manifests in the body. Central to this is the cultivation of an “attitude of gratitude” – a powerful approach to health and wellness that impacts both the giver and receiver.
Come and discover:
• How gratitude can heal the mind and heart
• Why healing the mind and heart precedes healing the body
• The biochemical impact of gratitude on emotions, the mind, and the body
• How to view the “opportunity” to heal as a blessing
• Why positive thinking is critical to healing
• The place emotions have in healing
• How music and sound facilitate healing on all levels
• What part food plays in healing the body, mind, and spirit
ABOUT SOMESH N. KAUSHIK, ND, BAMS, MPH, MPA, E-RYT 500 is an Ayurvedic specialist/consultant. After completing B.A.M.S., 6½ years of Ayurvedic training in 1983 from Kurukshetra University, India. He worked as an Ayurvedic Medical Officer before moving to the U.S. He earned M.P.H. and M.P.A. from the University of Alabama, Birmingham, and N.D. from the University of Bridgeport, where he taught Ayurvedic medicine and Public Health courses and worked as the Director of Admissions for the College of Naturopathic Medicine. Before moving to Connecticut, he worked as an Epidemiologist and Director of HIV/AIDS sero-surveillance with the Alabama Department of Public Health while maintaining an Ayurvedic practice. He has been a faculty member with the University of Bridgeport, Division of Health Sciences since 2001 He has over 36 years of experience as an Ayurvedic physician.
REGISTER HERE to join us on Crowdcast