Innovation + Learning Center – The MakerLab
Make an appointment for online or over-the phone computer help with Digital Services Coordinator Ryan Biracree.
Upcoming Events › Innovation and Learning Center
Make an appointment for online or over-the phone computer help with Digital Services Coordinator Ryan Biracree.Find out more »
The Desmond-Fish Public Library is happy to announce that the Innovation & Learning Center will once again be open to the public. Beginning January 17th, 2022, individuals and small family groups will be able to book a private appointment to visit the ILC and use the equipment. Click here to book your appointment today!
Please note: acceptable face masks are required for all visitors to the Library over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status. Vaccination and/or a negative test is recommended before your visit. COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free. If you would like help booking a vaccine appointment, please click here.
Use Your Lab
Computer help is available in person or via email, phone, or Zoom session daily Mondays – Thursdays. Please click here or call the Library to reserve a time.
Equipment is available for training and use during opening hours, or by appointment. Please click here to reserve a time.
3D printing services are available! Please visit the Innovation & Learning Center to discuss your project with our Digital Services Librarian. Hate symbols, hate speech, and weaponry are not permitted. A fee of $0.20 per gram of filament is required; patrons are permitted to bring their own 1.75mm PLA filament for no charge.
About the ILC
The Innovation & Learning Center at the Desmond-Fish Public Library is a state-of-the-art makerspace serving our vibrant, diverse, and multigenerational community. Focused on the intersection of technology and the arts and dedicated to promoting social justice and information literacy through free access to technology, the ILC features a wide range of creative tools and innovative programming for community use, and is the umbrella under which digital services are provided to the DFPL community.
Your Virtual Library
The Innovation & Learning Center is more than just a computer lab. With an educational philosophy that emphasizes hands-on learning and technological citizenship, we provide the latest software and equipment for patrons of all ages and backgrounds to realize their projects and develop desired skills.
- Flashforge Finder, Flashforge Creator, and Ender3 3D Printers
- Structure Sensor 3D Scanner
- ProtoCycler 3D Printer Filament Recycler
- Cricut Maker Cutting & Design Machine
- Laser Engraver
- Canon Vixia HD Professional Video Camera
- Two Green Screen Walls
- 2i2o Audio Interface With Professional Microphone And Midi Keyboard & Desktop Isolation Cubes
- Arduino Microcontroller Kits
- Soldering Stations
- Oculus Virtual Reality System
- Lego Mindstorms & WeDo, Sphero, Ozobot, Dash & Dot, & Edison Robots
- Sewing Stations
- DJI Spark Drone
- Programmable Light Wall
- Hydroponic Growing Station
- Archiving Station Including Photograph, Negative, Slide, VHS, DVD, Cassette, Floppy Disk, & ZIP Disk Digitization Capabilities
- Early Learning STEAM Activities
Photo editing suite including:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
Recording suite including:
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Garage Band
Video editing suite including:
- Final Cut X
3D modeling suite including:
Development and coding suite for all ability levels.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation
- The Library Freedom Project
- Data Detox Kit
- Tor Encrypted Browser
- Duckduckgo Private Search Engine
- Privacy Badger Browser Extension
- Email Self-Defense
- Check To See If Your Personal Information Was Accessed By Cambridge Analytica
- Check To See If You Have An Account Compromised in a Data Breach
- Check To See How Safe Your Browser Is From Trackers
- Check The Privacy Of Your Google Account