Summer Reading 2020
Upcoming Events › Summer Reading
Join us on Zoom for our very first Social Quiztancing Family Fun Night! Kids and their grownups will put their brains to the test with some fiendishly fun quizzing all about fairy tales –– and there will be PRIZES for the top scoring teams! There's even a wacky scavenger hunt round! Register for this free event at bit.ly/DFPLFairyTaleTrivia.Find out more »
How it works:
- Download and print or pick up a calendar (you can schedule your pickup by calling the Library at 845-424-3020).
- Read books that fulfill the criteria and log them on the calendar or your READSquared account.
- As you read, you will accumulate points, which you can redeem for prizes. When you are eligible for a prize, contact the Library and arrange for pickup.
- All of our summer reading events this summer are held virtually. Please visit our Events Calendar for more information on summer events!
Readers aged thirteen and up can read books all summer long and win free ice cream from Moo Moo’s Creamery.
How it works:
- Download and print or pick up a bingo card (you can schedule your pickup by calling the Library at 845-424-3020).
- Read books that fulfill the criteria and check off boxes as you go.
- (optional) Choose one square to be your wild card and complete it by making a craft from one of our tutorials.
- Once you have Bingo (five squares in row vertical, horizontal or diagonal) snap a photo of your card and send it to us along with a list of the books you read for each square and the date you completed them.
- Get a certificate for a free summer reading cone from Moo Moo’s. Arrange pick up during our curbside pick up hours Wednesday through Saturday.
- On completing a Bingo your name will be entered in a raffle to win one of five $20 gift certificates to Moo Moo’s.
- Keep reading! For every Bingo you complete your name will be entered into the raffle, increasing your odds of winning!
This year, we’re excited to announce that our annual S.T.E.A.M. Punks science camp will take place online. This year, we will host two, identical week-long sessions, each available to eight learners grades 2-7. The program takes place July 6th-10th and July 20th-24th from 2pm-4:30pm.
Focusing on the intersection of technology and the arts, the STEAM Punks curriculum explores design thinking, robotics, coding, physical computing, A/V recording, photography, mind hacks, and more through creative and irreverent challenges assigned each day. Participants will be provided at the beginning of each week with a box, containing equipment and materials to be used over the course of the program, and meet daily on Zoom to receive challenges, get instruction, and compare results.. There are a limited number of spots available, and applications are read on a first-come, first-served basis and will be accepted until the program is full.
Camp is currently full and no longer accepting applications.